Tuesday, July 7, 2009

When two wills clash

It is a subtle process, the blending of two lives. The bending of two wills to each suit the other and for the good of the couple. The process is slow and sometimes intensely painful, and often one needs to abandon their will to the other's. To believe your husband always has your best interests at heart can be, at times, next to impossible. While the husband truly does have your best interests of your present and future at heart, your will and desires scream that he must be wrong.

But then, grace swoops in. Submission is not being a doormat but choosing to trust your husband's choices, even when they seem stupid or wrong. I have learnt that when our wills clash, I do need to reconsider whether I am "right" or just want to be.

So it is the way with Christ. He asks me to wait. I don't want to, but I know He has my best interests at heart. Becoming more like Christ is a subtle process, the bending of my will to His.

I pray that I can bend my will to Jesus and to my husband, the ones I have pledged my life to.

No comments:

Post a Comment