Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today I went to the city and to browse around the bookstores. I love the Dymocks and Abbey Books in the city, they are so very big and have such a better range than the ones out where I live.

I love books, I love reading and the information as well as the escapism it gives me. I have always been a reader, as long as I can remember.

Anyway, the day in the city. It was a little strssful as it was the first time I had been in the city by myself. It was not a little daunting. But I managed. I caught the train and wandered around and did not get lost at all.

The bookstores were lovely and relaxing, I enjoyed spending time just looking. I did buy some books, 3 to be exact. I also bought a Jane Eyre DVD and a Family History journal.

One of the books I bought was one I have been looking for for about 2 years. The Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys. It is from a period of writing that I like (well, half of it was written in the 1930's) and it is based on a character from Jane Eyre, a book I really like. So it will be interesting to see what it will be like.

It was a lovely day, and best of all I got to catch the train home with Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment