Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fear

Another thing that has come through my therapy. I am fearful. Always always fearful.

Ever since I was little I have been convinced that people do not like me. I have issues believing people like me, I have issues making connections with people, I can do social occasions and I can do them well, but making lasting relationship connections is extremely difficult for me.

I think it may be because when I was growing up my Dad was absent and my Mum didn't like me very much. And by very much, I mean at all. She had undiagnosed depression and because of Dad's work commitments she was basically a single mother most of the time. I know she did the best she could with what she had, I do not blame her, I of all people know that depression when you are unsupported.

But it still had left scars. I am determined to beat this fear, surely I can become less fearful, more confident in the way that God has made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment