Monday, March 21, 2011

The Sydney Harbour Bridge

Okay, it is one of the most iconic parts of Australia. If you think of Sydney, Australia, you will most likely think of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.

I have lived in the Sydney Basin all my life, and yet I have never crossed the Sydney Harbour Bridge by car or foot.

I have crossed it by train, on the way to a school excursion, but never otherwise. Part of the reason is, if I wanted to get to the north of Sydney from home, the most direct route would never take me across the bridge.

But I got to cross it the other day! And Rona, of course, was with me, so we got to experience a first together.

Photobucket

Coming up to the bridge

Photobucket

And about to go over it!

I know it is kind of a silly thing to be excited by, but it is something that I have been meaning to do for a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment