Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One of those moments

Have you ever had someone you looked up to, who has ultimately disappointed you by being contrary to how they appeared?

Like my high school teacher, who I thought was a wonderful Christian woman, a person I aspired to be. Then a few years later, ran away and left her young son and had an affair.

But the most recent one is my great Aunt. I had always looked up to her, learnt quilting because she did...

Then she came up from her country town just before Christmas. I have discovered she is a very critical, negative person.

I asked my mum if she had been always like this, or it was just her getting old. Apparently she has always been like that, I just hadn't noticed (as I was young when I last met her for longer than an hour).

So this has made me think, what kind of person I want to be.

I want to be a positive person, someone who finds the best in things.

This is one of my new projects (not a resolution) for the new year and into the future

No comments:

Post a Comment