Thursday, June 28, 2012

Darwin Awards

I have a lifetime ban from ladders.

I decided that I was going to clean out the gutters the other day.... I fell.

2 metres (6'6" for the Americans) down. I am so lucky I didn't get worse injuries. I fell on my feet (and promptly fell onto my bottom) so what I came away with is one hand with a small fracture in my bone, which is VERY bruised and swollen and a big hole in my leg.

I spent 4 hours at the emergency room to get all sorted. My wedding ring had to be cut off due to swelling (Husband is sad about that) it is fixable but with Husband out of work, it isn't going to happen soon.

I am feeling really stupid, I was trying to be helpful, and made so much mess and pain.
Rona's water table toy is destroyed (ladder ran into it) and the barbeque is dented (ditto).

Anyway, day 2 photos

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
The wound it about 5cms long

I am very grateful, it could have been much worse, and I could have been up for a Darwin award

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That looks horribly painful. I hope you recover quickly! Also, I couldn't help notice you saying that your husband is still out of work. I wish I could help you. I will pray continue to pray though. <3

    ReplyDelete