This is from The Kitchen Magpie
|How To: Make The Best Buttercream Icing|| |
Recipe Type: icing,
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 6 mins
The Best Buttercream Icing ever, all because of rich cream and salted butter. You won’t find another to match the decadence of this icing.
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 cups of icing sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons of coffee cream (18% and up)
- Trust me on this one and use salted butter in this icing.
- Whip that butter, with a paddle beater if you have it, if not, don’t worry.
- Add in the icing sugar. **I came back to edit this to say that fresh icing sugar makes all the difference. Icing sugar goes stale, and you can sure taste it when it does! Crack open a fresh bag for icings, you won’t be sorry!**
- Add in the cream. Not milk, cream. I used 4 tablespoons for my preference, you adjust to what you want.
- Stiffer icing = less cream.
- Whippier icing = more cream. Vanilla…. I used 3 teaspoons, again, you can try a little more if you like.Then keep mixing it until fluffy and thoroughly combined
Thanks Kitchen Magpie!